2019 Hobby Stock Rules
All Rule Changes are in RED
1. Rules apply at all times car is on track. Snell-rated SA2000, SA2005, or SA2010 helmet required. Roll bar padding required in driver compartment (Fire retardant recommended). SFI-approved full fire suit required. Fire retardant gloves, shoes and neck brace (or head and neck restraint) required.
2. Right and left seat head supports required if using head restraint system with no neck collar. Recommended: Fire retardant head sock and underwear.
3. Driver-side window net required, minimum 16 inch by 20 inch ribbon or mesh style, and must be mounted to roll cage so latch is at top front of window.
4. Minimum three inch (two-inch with head restraint system) wide SFI-approved five point safety belt assembly required (Y-type shoulder harness not allowed), must be mounted securely to roll cage, and must be no more than three years old. Kill switch required within easy reach of driver and must be clearly marked “OFF” and “ON”.
5. It is recommended that each racecar have built-in fire extinguishing equipment, but cannot be of the dry powder type (must be Halon 1211 or equivalent).
6. Drivers should have in their pit area as part of their equipment, at all times, a fully charged dry chemical, Halon (or its equivalent) fire extinguisher. Ten (10) or thirteen (13) pound fire extinguishers are highly recommended.
7. Absolutely no plastic except from edge of firewall to body skin and inner wheel tub to body skin or nose and tail pieces.
1. Any American OEM full body rear wheel drive passenger car 1964 or newer.
2. Minimum wheelbase of (107”) required for all cars. Maximum 2” difference side to side permitted.
3. Full frame cars must retain front frame horns. Rear of frame behind rear tires, no further forward than one inch behind factory seam, may be replaced in OEM location with 2” x 3” inch steel tubing with minimum 0.095” inch wall thickness, same length as material removed. Factory seam must remain visible.
4. All unibody cars must have front frame and rear frame tied together. Frames may be X braced. No station wagon, front wheel drive, or 4 wheel drives allowed. All frame crossmembers must be unaltered in stock location (exception: transmission crossmember may be altered or removed and horn may be removed from center of front crossmember). Must have a 360 degree driveshaft loop no more than 6” behind the front u-joint. Must be minimum 0.250” x 2 “ steel or 1” tubing.
5. Rear bumpers must be OEM in OEM location and capped at ends to body with steel, welded or bolted. Front bumpers must be mounted minimum (6) inches from front frame horns. Front bumper options: 1 of 2 – Front bumper OE must be complete and capped to body with steel, bolted or welded. 2 of 2 – Fabricated front bumper with rounded corners must be OE height with minimum 1.5” O.D. (maximum 2” O.D.) with minimum .083” (maximum 0.125”) wall thickness and must be covered with plastic nosepiece.
6. Motor must be in stock location (fuel pump must be in front of unaltered crossmember).
1. Main cage must consist of continuous hoops, minimum 1.666” O.D. (1.750” recommended) with a minimum 0.095” wall thickness (low carbon or mild steel recommended). Four post main cage required and must be properly welded to frame, NOT floor pan. Poor or missing welds may be deemed unsafe by a track official and may result in disqualification.
2. A minimum 1 crossbar (minimum 1.666” O.D.) required in top halo and must be welded diagonally. Rear halo must be X braced. Front and rear down bars must be tied side to side. Top door bar must be a minimum of 36 inches inside to inside of front and rear down bars. Must be a minimum of 26 inches at bottom of top halo measured inside to inside of front and rear down bars. Must be a minimum height of 16 inches from top of door bar to bottom of halo. With helmet on and driver securely strapped in, driver’s head must not protrude above bottom of roll cage. All bars within reach must be padded with a material accepted by track officials, flame retardant recommended.
3. Minimum of (4) 1.666” O.D. or (3) 1.750” O.D. horizontal door bars required on both driver and passenger sides (minimum 0.095” wall thickness). Horizontal door bars must be mounted perpendicular to frame and must have a minimum of (4) uprights from the frame to top door bar.
4. Steel door plates made of 18 gage or 0.049” minimum thickness must be securely welded to outside of driver door bars. Plate must cover from top door bar to rocker and must extend from rear down bar to 5 inches in front of front edge of seat. Plate must be visible for inspection.
5. Rear kickers (down bars) and fuel cell protection required (minimum 0.083” wall thickness), front hoops are allowed. If front hoop is not used must have two front kickers (down bars) welded to frame no further back than front of upper a-arm. Fuel cell protection and front kickers or hoop must be a minimum 0.083” wall thickness and 1.250” O.D. A maximum of (2) additional bars may be added for radiator protection not counting bar tying frame horns together and must be within confines of the body. Fuel cell protection must be same height as fuel cell and extend from frame rail to frame rail (maximum 1.750 O.D. tubing allowed) and must remain inside confines of the body.
6. All vehicles MUST have tow loop or strap mounted front and rear and must be easily accessible.
1. 1964 or newer American OEM stock passenger car bodies allowed. All bodies must be unaltered (no chop tops, short bodies, etc.) and remain stock appearing. All glass, plastic, upholstery, rear seats, lights, mirrors and chrome must be removed. Interior tin or other covers not allowed. All exterior body panels must be sheet metal, no aluminum. Only door panels may be fabricated and must resemble stock appearing door. Doors must be welded or bolted secure. All sunroof and T-top openings must be covered with sheet metal.
2. After market floor pan per IMCA and fire wall must remain stock from front fire wall to rear fire wall. Stock body mounts must be visible and minimum 0.375” bolt must be able to pass through body and into body mount. No cutting of floor pan except for roll cage. All large holes in floor pan must be covered with sheet metal equal to or thicker than stock material. All holes in fire wall must be covered with minimum 0.049” sheet metal or aluminum. Rear firewall must be covered with 0.049” aluminum or steel and must seal driver compartment from trunk area. Rear firewall must be mounted in stock location.
3. Hoods must remain stock dimensions, no custom fabricated hoods allowed. No hood scoops, spoilers, wings, or ground effects allowed. Air cleaner must not protrude through hood. Hood must be secured by a minimum of four hood pins located at all four corners. No tilt front ends, hood must be separate from fenders. Back of hood must be sealed from cockpit.
4. Nosepiece and tailpiece must be securely riveted or bolted in place. No late model nosepieces.
5. Trunk lids must be complete, no shortening allowed. Lids may be gutted. Lids must be secured at all four corners either by combination hinge/pin or pins at all four corners. May use aftermarket rear body covers. Material between rear fenders may be removed.
6. No overlapping or shortening of body panels. Rear wheel drive 108” wheelbase bodies may be used on 112” wheelbase frames. OEM firewall for frame must be in same location as stock firewall for body used. Body may be trimmed for wheel/tire clearance only. Front and rear fender wells may be removed.
7. Only rear opera windows may be covered.
a) All racecars must have numbers that contrast to body
color and must be minimum 4” thick and 18” tall for
both sides and must be 4” thick and 20” tall for roof
and must be clearly legible. All racecars must have
numbers on the right rear corner of the vehicle and
must be minimum 4” tall.
b) Officials reserve the right to approve or disapprove any
image of lettering or sponsorship on any racecar or pit
vehicle entering race surface. Keep in mind this is
intended to be a family fun facility.
9. Maximum 7” visor allowed on front windshield area. This includes additional tape.
10. Maximum 1” wide by 2” tall steel or lexan rub rails allowed – bolted flush to body. Steel must be capped.
1. Driver compartment must be sealed off from engine, fuel cell, and ground.
2. No loose objects or weights/ballast allowed in driver compartment. No rear view mirrors.
3. Minimum 3 windshield bars required in front of driver and must be secured. Dash must be level with hood except for cowl in front of driver.
4. Interior must be open, no decking allowed.
5. All fuel lines passing through driver compartment must be protected by metal or galvanized pipe or conduit.
6. Factory-manufactured high back racing seats are mandatory, and must be acceptable to officials. Homemade aluminum, plastic or fiberglass seats are not allowed. Full containment seats are recommended. Driver seat may be no further back than rear edge of B-pillar on metric chassis. All others must be no further back than rear edge of front door. Seat must be bolted in using minimum 0.375” grade 8 bolts and must be secured to frame or roll cage, NOT floor pan. Seat must be mounted in left front quadrant of driver compartment.
1. One 12 volt passenger car battery only, must be securely mounted between and above frame rails, and battery must be covered with rubber or nonconductive plastic. Battery must not be mounted in driver compartment.
2. Starter must bolt in OEM location. Aftermarket starters allowed. Car must have capability of starting without being pushed or pulled. Car must leave initial staging area on demand, unaided, or go to rear of that race.
3. GM must utilize OEM GM distributor. Chrysler and Ford may use aftermarket HEI (bushing type only). Roller bearings are not allowed. Distributors must utilize stock-type components. Circuit board modules are not allowed. No ignition boxes. Mechanical and vacuum advance may be locked.
4. No unapproved cameras, transmitting or listening devices (exception is one-way RACEceiver radio by officials), timing retard controls, or digital gauges (including tach). No electronic monitoring computer devices capable of storing or transmitting information except memory recall analog tach.
5. All wiring must be visible for inspection. OEM type alternator with internal regulator allowed. No electronic traction control devices.
6. Kill switch required within easy reach of the driver. The switch must be clearly marked “OFF” and “ON”. All battery cables and electrical must be securely mounted and protected.
1. Automotive gasoline or racing fuel allowed ONLY! NO E85! No alcohol!
2. Electric fuel pumps are not allowed. No piston style pumps allowed; diaphragm style only.
3. A limit of one (1) standard fuel filter is allowed between the fuel cell and the carburetor. Fuel filter cannot be mounted in the driver compartment.
4. No cool cans, cold air boxes, or air cleaner ductwork.
a) Option 1 – 2 bbl. OEM Carburetor: GM to GM, Ford to
Ford, Chrysler to Chrysler; must use unaltered OEM two
barrel carburetor for that engine, except: booster I.D.
may be machined to 0.250”, venturi I.D. machined to
1.375” and throttle bore I.D machined to 1.6875” on
Rochester carburetor. 0.625” minimum booster height
on Rochester carburetor. Choke plate must be removed. Car must weigh a minimum 3000 lbs. with this combination.
6. Fuel cell must be commercially manufactured for racing applications. No boat or stock automotive fuel tanks. Tanks must be securely fastened inside trunk of racecar, above the level of stock trunk floor. Fuel cells must be in steel container. All mounts must be made of steel and surround the fuel cell and attached to frame or roll cage. No adjustable fuel cell mounts.
7. Must have check valve. Fuel cell vent, including cap vent, must have check valves, a flapper spring or ball-type filler valve.
8. Carburetors may be claimed for $175.00 fee. See claim rules (section 21).
1. Steel, unaltered OEM, or unaltered OEM replacement, four wheel disc or disc (front) and drum (rear) brakes. Aluminum GM drums are not allowed. No two piece rotors.
2. A single OEM or OEM replacement master cylinder only, must be mounted in stock location. Pushrods my be fabricated for removal of brake booster. Pedals may be aftermarket or OEM.
3. All calipers must be OEM steel.
4. All four wheels must have functional brakes. Brakes will be tested!
5. Brake pads must contain complete friction surface, sectioning of pads prohibited.
1. All components must be steel unaltered OEM, in OEM location and match frame. OEM steering column may be replaced with steel steering shafts (steering shafts must have a joint every 5 ft., collapsible steering shafts highly recommended). Steel knuckles only.
2. No quicksteer of any type allowed. (This also mean no steering boxes - 6-1 or 8-1 steering boxes) Quick release steering wheel coupler mandatory, may be ring or pin design. Steel or aluminum coupler allowed.
1. All components and mounts must be steel, unaltered OEM, in OEM location and match frame. Magnet must stick to all components.
2. OEM or OEM replacement type rubber A-frame bushings only. OEM type ball joints only. No sway bars, spring spacers, chains or cables. Exceptions are: for 1978-1987 GM mid-sized metric frame, OEM minimum of 8 or maximum of 8 1/2 control arm upper A-frame may be replaced using aftermarket upper A-frame (steel or aluminum cross shaft allowed. Bolt on spindle savers allowed). Upper A-frame mount must remain OEM and cannot be moved.
3. Coil springs must be minimum 4.5” O.D. and non-progressive.
4. No spring spacers, sway bars, chains, or cables allowed. No jack bolts or spring buckets allowed. Springs may be cut or heated.
1. All components and mounts must be steel, unaltered, OEM, in OEM location and match frame.
2. OEM replacement rubber control arm bushings only. Center of rear lower control arm bolt holes may be no lower than three 3” from bottom of axle housing and the same on both left and right. Trailing arm bolts must remain tight.
3. Control arms must be level side to side and non-adjustable. Control arms may be fabricated of steel 2” x 2” tubing and must remain stock dimensions. No adjustable arms or swedge tubes allowed. No drilling or sectioning of bushings allowed.
4. No independent rear suspension. No sway bars, panhard bars, spring spacers, extensions, chains or cables. No spring buckets or jack bolts.
Shocks and Springs
1. One unaltered steel, nonadjustable, stock mount shock, in OEM location, per wheel. No coil-over shocks, air shocks, remote reservoir shocks. No Schrader or bladder type valve allowed. No coil- over eliminators.
2. Coil springs must be minimum 4.5” O.D. and non-progressive.
1. OEM and Ford 9” rear-ends and floater rear-ends are permitted, but must be mounted like stock rear-end for that make and model. Truck rear-ends and quick changes are not allowed.
2. Rear-end may be welded or a mini spool may be used, full spools are not allowed. No torque dividing differentials.
2. Rear-end must be centered on chassis.
3. Lightened gears are not allowed. One inch inspection hole in housing required.
4. Gun-drilled or titanium axles are not allowed (axles must be made of steel).
5. All mounts must be securely welded, no floating or clamped mounts.
Tires and Wheels
1. 8” or 10” inch wide steel wheels only. NASCAR pull-off slicks. Tires must be used pull-offs, no new tires. Must have minimum 0.375” studs with 1” lug nuts. Tires must durometer 60 or more after the A feature. May run bead locks on right rear only. Tires may be grooved, NO siping allowed. (Used G60 or KK704 USED tires allowed and recommended, may be grooved or siped. Again USED G60s ONLY!!!!) ALL WHEEL COVERS MUST BE PLASTIC AND BOLTED ON. IF YOU ARE UTILIZING THE RING ON THE FRONT WHEEL IT MUST BE WELDED ON.
2. Softening is not allowed. Solvents of any kind are not allowed. Altering tires with any components or chemicals which alter the manufacturer’s baseline-settings of the tire is not allowed.
1. Minimum “diameter, white, steel drive shaft only. Steel slip-yokes and differential yokes only.
2. 360-degree drive shaft loop required, constructed of at least 0.125” by 2” steel or 1”tubing, and mounted 6-inches back from front U-joint.
a) Must be OE automatic with torque converter. All OE
forward and reverse gears must be operational.
b) Torque converter must be a minimum 10” and must
have a minimum 0.125” inch plug, and contain three (3)
quarts of transmission fluid. Must be able to hold brakes
while is running and car will not die.
c) Must have approved scatter shield constructed of
minimum 0.125” by 3” steel, 270 degrees around
flexplate. Flexplate must be full, unaltered OEM, or OEM
replacement. No manual bump starts allowed.
a) 3 or 4 speed transmissions. All OEM forward and
reverse gears must be operational.
b) Flywheels must be stock OEM and weigh a minimum of
sixteen 16 lbs. Clutch must be a minimum 10.5” outside
diameter. Lightened flywheels are not allowed.
Aluminum flywheels are not allowed.
c) Must have approved scatter shield constructed of
minimum 0.125” by 3” steel, 270 degrees around
Must use unaltered sealed GM #88958602 or #19258602 crate engine. Must also run IMCA approve Rodchester 2 barrel carburetor and 6200 chip. Effective January 1, 2019, all GM 602 Crate engines must have IMCA Cable-Lock seals. Upon inspection, any different, altered or missing GM seal bolts and not using required spacer, pushrods, valve springs or rocker arms will result in disqualification and 30-day suspension.
1. Maximum of 368 cubic inches (370 C.I. for Chrysler) is permitted. Note: Cubic inches will be checked. Maximum 3.484” stroke for GM, maximum 3.500” stroke for Ford or Mopar.
2. Maximum 175 lbs. compression ratio.
3. OEM steel passenger vehicle production block only. No GM Bowtie, Ford SVO or Chrysler W components allowed. GM approved block numbers are: 3892657, 3914660, 3914678, 3932388, 3932386, 3956618, 3970000, 3970006, 3970010, 3970014, 10066033, 10066036, 10243880, 14010207, 14010209, 14010287, 14016376, 14016379, 10054727, 14088528, 14088548, 14088552, 14093638, and 14101148. Stroke must match block. No 400 or larger cubic inch parts allowed. Steel only. Absolutely no machining allowed on the exterior of the block.
4. Flat top or dish pistons only, no gas ported pistons. OEM or OEM replacement steel crankshaft only - cannot be lightened, no 4340 cranks. GM 5.7 or 6-inch stock appearing rod allowed only. All others must have stock rod configurations with stock appearing rods. Cap screws allowed. Aftermarket rod bolts allowed.
5. Must be unaltered approved OEM and minimum 76 cc combustion chamber. Only GM OEM approved head numbers are: 14079267, 3986336, 3986339, 3986339X, 3986388, 3932441, 376445, 3928454, 3932454, 3876487, 3973487, 3973487X, 3973493, 3951598, 468642, 330862, 333882, 3998920, 3998991, 3998993, 3998997, 3970126. Maximum size valves on these heads are 1.94”intake and 1.50” exhaust. Valve springs must be stock diameter(1.250”) no beehive springs allowed. Maximum 125 lb. seat spring pressure allowed. Screw-in studs, guide plates and poly-locks are permitted. Stud girdles are not allowed. May use Engine Quest (EQ) Stock Replacement (SR) cylinder head, part number CH350I, head must remain as produced, seat angles and valve sizes cannot be changed: three angle valve job only (absolutely no casting removal in valve pocket of EQ head, for any reason); Ford – no aftermarket or SVO heads; Chrysler – no after market or W-2 heads, 360 cubic inch heads only. 2.04” intake and 1.70” exhaust valves max for Ford and Chrysler. Bowl hog 80 degree maximum and may not be any deeper than 1.50” into pocket measured from chamber floor, not valve seat. Porting, polishing or alterations of any kind to heads, block, or intake is strictly forbidden.
6. Conventional flat tappet cam/lifters only, cannot alter lifter bores. OEM firing order cannot be changed (GM: 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2).
7. Aftermarket performance harmonic balancers are not allowed. Stock replacement balancers only.
8. Rochester 2bbl only – may use aluminum Edelbrock #2701, 7121, 7181, 7183, or 2915 and Weiand # 7547-1, 7547, 7515, 8023, 7516, or 7545 (absolutely no modifications to aftermarket intakes). Absolutely NO port matching allowed.
9. A minimum (1) 1” plug above the oil level in the side of the oil pan is recommended. If not utilizing a plug, oil pan will have to be removed at time of inspection.
10. Only (1) minimum 2 core radiator allowed in stock location. Overflow tubes must be directed toward ground. Steel or aluminum V-belt pulleys only. No electric fans. Aluminum water pumps allowed.
11. Stamped steel rocker arms or roller tip rocker arms only!
Stock unaltered cast iron exhaust manifolds only no porting or grinding allowed. No Chevy center dump, Corvette, marine, Lt1 or tubular steel type manifolds. No adaptors between head and manifold must be able to use all OEM exhaust bolt holes in head. No two into one exhaust or x pipes must remain duals. Must have mufflers. (3 ring, cone, perforated insert, IMCA 609)
WEIGHT: Weight may be securely added in trunk or under the hood, but not in plain view or within the driver’s compartment must be painted white with car number. Car must weigh minimum 3000 lbs. with driver after race.
NO MIXING BETWEEN HOBBY & FACTORY STOCK RULES
OPTION B - FACTORY STOCK
BODY: Any American made stock passenger car body on a stock unaltered full frame, or Chrysler & Ford unibodies. NO front wheel drives. No Camaro, Mustangs or Station Wagons. Stock appearing aftermarket plastic nose piece can be drilled for air but may not be extended with any type of material. Tail pieces with no holes are allowed. Rear of car must be sealed off, no exposed fuel cell. No spoilers (even if factory equipped), wings, skirts, valiances, air scoops, hood scoops, or anything that alters stock appearance. Bodies cannot be moved from the original body mount rubber bushing no more than +/- 1” cannot be less than 5 ½” from ground. A front visor is allowed on the windshield area MAX 7 inches. No side or rear window visors allowed. Sunroofs and T-tops must be reinforced and enclosed. No nerf bars. Maximum one inch wide by two inch tall steel or lexan rub rails allowed - bolted flush to body. All glass, plastic, upholstery, lights, mirrors, and trim must be removed. Cars must be stock appearing. No cutting, channeling, shortening, or modifying of body is allowed. No excessive trimming of fenders or hoods allowed, No drilled holes allowed in hoods for air supply, must maintain stock OEM appearance. If Hood does not have a 54” opening, fenders must be removable with 7/16 bolts. All doors, fenders, and window openings must remain stock appearing and OEM dimensions and be the same on both sides. No straight slab sides. No enclosed interiors, or decking allowed. Front edge of rear deck cannot be more than 8” forward of center of rear-end and must have at least 2” continuous drop from front to rear. Rear of dash can be no more than 35” from the center of the distributor or 28" from back edge of the center of stock hood. Original OEM front and rear firewalls must remain in stock location. The front firewall must match the frame used, and the OEM mount must be visible. Firewall must be full and complete. Interior must be completely sealed off from engine, ground, and trunk. Cars must have a complete stock OEM steel roof mointed in OEM location and OEM rake and angle fro model. All openings should be covered as to isolate the driver, subject to rack approval. Racecar body should be maintained in such a manner as to keep a presentable appearance. Hood must have a minimum 54" opening centered over the frame. trunk must have a minimum 42" opening centered over the frame.
If not OEM body. Any Steel or aluminum fabricated bodies must add 50lbs. in front of the motor. Cars with wheelbases exceeding 110" will not be required to run the 50lbs for an aftermarket body.
FLOOR PAN: OEM floor pan may be cut 6" behind front OEM mounts in a straight line across to the other side and be replaced using steel fabricated floor pans made of 18 gauge metal or minimumof .049" thick steel securely welded to the frame. Must remain flat, OEM appearing from frame rail to frame rail, no higher or lower than frame rail with the exception of a maximum tall 8” drive shaft tunnel and similar to OEM tunnel in size. Interior must be completely sealed off from engine, ground, and trunk. If you choose to fabricate the floor pan to the above specs, there will be a 10lb weight penalty accessed in front of the motor. If you run a fabricated floor pan and fabricated body total weight required in front of the motor is 60lbs.
FRAME: Frame must be full and complete. Cannot be Widened, Narrowed, Shortened, Lengthened, or be Cut, Bent, or Altered to change Suspension Brackets. Rear of frame behind upper shock mounts may be replaced with round, square, or rectangular tubing. Cannot narrow right rear frame for tire clearance. No frame alterations allowed. All Bars forward of cage must be lower than the hood. May not be cut for tie rod clearance or oil pan clearance.
BUMPERS: Stock type rear bumper required, a fabricated front bumper may be used with the following conditions: cars with aftermarket nose pieces- the bumper may extend past frame rails for support and reinforcement. Must be behind nosepieces. Cars without nosepieces- the bumper may not extend past front frame horns. NO SHARP EDGES. Must have a minimum of 5/16th diameter chain welded to front and rear of car with the design so tow truck can attach to them, this will be a DQable item. Rear bumper must be covered by the tailpiece if the car has a tailpiece.
ROLL CAGE: Minimum four-point cage, minimum size 1 ½ “O. D. by .095” wall thickness. Minimum three bars in driver’s side door, and two bars on passenger side door (three bars if passenger in car). Four-point quick release seat belt and harness required for driver and passenger. Racing seats required. Must have window nets and firesuit for driver and passenger. Must have at least three bars in front of driver and passenger in windshield area. Window nets mandatory for both driver and passenger.
ENGINE: Must be stock for the make and model except no 400’s or larger small or big blocks. Cast piston only, must use 4 equal valve relief flattop or dish pistons. OEM crankshaft only- cannot be lightened. No narrowing, bullnose, knife edge, undercut or drilling of second or third rod throws. OEM steel Connecting rods only must remain stock OEM length, pressed pins only, weight and shape. No lightening of any parts. Aftermarket water pump, mini starter, pulleys, harmonic balancer and oil pans okay. Aftermarket power-steering pumps okay and must be belt driven. Metric cars may run a 350. NO stroking or de-stroking. Engine height and setback must be in stock location +/- 1”. GM metric frame center of fuel pump must be located a minimum of 1 ¾” in front of unaltered cross member. Solid motor and transmission mounts okay. No full mid plates. Maximum cranking compression 175lbs. (ignition off, engine turned over 5 times). Oil pans must have at least 1” inspection hole with nothing inside of inspection hole blocking inspection scope from seeing rotating assembly. No alterations of stock oiling system. No vacuum pumps. No turbo or superchargers even if factory equipped.
CAMSHAFT, VALVETRAIN, AND CYLINDER HEADS: Hydraulic cam and flat tappet lifters only. .447 maximum lift at valve or .298 lobe lift at cam. Must maintain 14” of vacuum at 1200 rpm. 1.94 maximum intake valve diameter, 1.50 maximum exhaust valve diameter on Chevrolet engines. No hollow valve stems. Stock size and shape valve springs and retainers. Stock length and diameter pushrods only. Stamped steel 1.5 rockers on Chevy, 1.6 on Ford and Chrysler, NO roller tips. Open chambered heads only, must be unaltered, O.E.M. NO porting, polishing, or gasket matching allowed. The only GM head numbers allowed are 14079267, 3986336, 3986339, 3986339X, 3986388, 3932441, 376445, 3928454, 3932454, 3876487, 3973487, 3973487X, 3973493, 3951598, 468642, 330862, 333882, 3998920, 3998991, 3998993, 3998997, and 3970126. Screw in studs and guide plates ok. 305 engines may use 305 heads (no vortec). Straight bowl cutting allowed.
CARBURATION AND FUEL SYSTEM: Cast Holley 4412 -2 barrel only. Must be unaltered. NO screw in air bleeds, NO powder coating, or any modifications. Choke plate may be removed. 4412 must be cast into choke horn of carb. Maximum spacer and adapter 1” combined total. Fuel pump must be in stock location for make, NO electric pumps or fuel injection even if factory equipped. NO fuel pressure regulators, NO fuel bypass systems, or any cool can devices.
EXHAUST: Stock unaltered cast iron exhaust manifolds only no porting or grinding allowed. No welding exhaust pipe to manifolds or modifying OEM exhaust flanges. No Chevy center dump, Corvette, marine, Lt1 or tubular steel type manifolds. No adaptors between head and manifold must be able to use all OEM exhaust bolt holes in head. No two into one exhaust or x pipes must remain duals.
INTAKE MANIFOLD: Stock OEM unaltered aluminum or cast iron intake only. No aftermarket or stock high performance or high rise. No bowties. No porting, polishing, cutting or gasket matching.
TRANSMISSIONS: Any stock type automatic or cast iron 3 speed OEM manual transmission. No 4 or 5 speed transmissions. Automatics must have stock appearing working 11” torque converter cannot be smaller with ring around it. Torque convertor must be steel. No aftermarket bellhousings on automatic transmissions. Flexplate must be full, unaltered OEM, or OEM replacement. No direct drives. Transmission Cooler ok. Manual must have single disc 10.5” clutch, flywheel and pressure plate must be steel, minimum 15lb steel flywheel. No Aluminum bell housings on manual transmissions. No mini clutches. Steel drive shafts only must be painted white and have a loop 6” from front u-joint.
FUEL: Pump or racing gas only. No methanol allowed. No additives or smells. Fuel cell must be secured in trunk any part of fuel cell cannot be forward of any part of rear end. Fuel cell must be visible for inspection purposes from the top through a removable stock appearing trunk lid.
SUSPENSION: Front and rear suspension must be stock unaltered OEM for that make and model of frame, ball joints, spindles and all components. Lower control arm bushings OEM design only and cannot be steel, aluminum or grease able type. No air shocks. Lower A-Frame mount may not be notched for clearance. No alterations to any part of the suspension or frame will be allowed. May run IMCA type upper control arms 8” or 8 ½” length only. Sway bars must be stock for make and model mounted in OEM mounts. No suspension stops of any kind. Steel Shocks must have OEM style stock type rubber ends, must be mounted in stock location. Cannot space shocks up or down. No bulb-type, threaded body, coil-over, or remote reservoir shocks. No external or internal bumpers or stops. No Schrader valves on shocks. All shocks must collapse completely at any time. Upper and lower trailing arms may be braced for strength.
SPRINGS: Maximum length of rear springs 14” tall free height and both sides must be equal height and in stock location. 5” minimum diameter. No spring rubbers, no adjustable weight jacks of any kind, and must sit in unaltered top and bottom stock mounts.
BALL JOINTS: May run aftermarket ball joints but must be stock OEM dimensions. Rebuildable ball joints ok.
REAR END: Stock rear-end for make and model no modifying axle bearings or length. All brackets, control arms, and shock mounts must be in stock location. All trailing arm bushings must be OEM or OEM replacement with OEM design. No Alterations. Gears may be locked must use stock unaltered ring gear carrier may weld or use bolt in locking blocks. No full spools, Detroit lockers or torque sensing devices. Optional spring cups will be allowed on rearend housing. Must be welded flat on the center line of the rearend and be in OEM location. Rear end housings may be braced.
STEERING / DRIVER SEAT: Steering boxes must remain in stock location. Aftermarket steering wheel and quick release steering coupling are recommended. Quick steer boxes allowed. All components must be steel, Unaltered OEM, in OEM location and match frame. Exceptions are: Tie Rod adjusting sleeve may be replaced with 5” steel tube, replacement spindle Speedway Motors raised cast part number 91034501 allowed; bolt on OEM spindle savers allowed. NO part of driver seat may be no further back than 25” forward of center line of rear end housing. No knobs, handles, or levers other than the gas pedal and brake pedal allowed for adjustment of carburetor, ignition timing, or brakes.
RADIATORS: Any (1) radiator that fits in original location without any body modifications is allowed. Water pump mounted fans only, No electric fans.
IGNITION: One 12 volt battery only must be mounted securely in rear of driver’s compartment or trunk area. No voltage generators in series with ignition system, voltage at distributor cannot be more than at battery (12) volts. One stock type distributor, module and coil in stock location only. Ignitions on/off switch must be clearly marked. No traction control devices of any kind. No digital gauges or tachs.
BRAKES: May use dual aftermarket master cylinders. Aftermarket pedal OK. Must have at least 3 working brakes. Right front may be blocked. No brake bias adjustment allowed, no electric or manual cut-off switches or valves allowed inside drivers compartment. Optional one (1) manual brake shutoff valve allowed underneath the hood to the right front only. Disc brakes allowed in rear No aluminum or composite rotors or calipers. Must use steel stock type rotors on rear disc. No lighting of components.
TIRES AND WHEELS: 8” maximum wide wheels allowed, 15” diameter steel wheels only. No bead locks or screws allowed. Mud plugs and wheel covers allowed ONLY on the right side. Car Number must be on all Wheel Covers. Wheel cover must be plastic, be bolted, no Dzus fasteners, the ring that holds the wheel cover must be WELDED to the wheel in at least three places. NO bleedoff valves. Must run 1” steel lug nuts. Approved unaltered Hoosier asphalt F45 pull offs only. Must durometer 60 or higher. Subject to inspection any time before the race. No grooving, siping, softening, needling, metal grinding disc, treating, softening, or wrapping in plastic allowed. Deglazing with sand paper disc ONLY allowed, but cannot leave any grinding marks and is subject to inspection before or after race.
WEIGHT: Weight may be securely added in trunk or under the hood, but not in plain view or within the driver’s compartment must be painted white with car number. Car must weigh minimum 3000 lbs. with driver after race.
No Titanium parts, no gun drilled parts or bolts.
Aluminum & Steel Fabricated bodies add 50lbs. in front of motor.
COURTESY RULE: Any car with “minor” rule infractions will be allowed to race (1) event. Must be determined before the race. Cars with infractions are subject to weight penalty.
RULES: ENGINE CLAIMING RULES: Any driver in the same race on the lead lap may claim one of the top three finishers immediately after the “A” feature in the tech area with money in hand.
(A) $500.00 and swap claim on engines.
(B) Claim does not include - Flywheel, clutch/assembly, bell housing, breathers, carburetor, starter, motor mounts, oil/temp sending units, water pump, fan, pulleys, dip stick, distributor, wires, water outlet/restrictor, fuel pump, fuel pump plate/rod.
(C)Driver may NOT claim another driver finishing in a position behind them and may not successfully claim the same driver more than once per calendar year.
CARBURETOR / DISTRIBUTOR / SHOCK CLAIM RULES: The official claiming area is in the tech area, or wherever track designates. Claim must be made immediately after the “A” feature race finishes (checkered flag). Only the driver may make the claim. Driver must have money. The claiming driver must be on the same lap as the driver being claimed. Only the top three cars may be claimed by another driver. A driver can claim another driver’s multiple claims on the same carburetor, distributor, or shock, a draw will be held with claiming drivers to determine who gets claim. Refusal to sell will forfeit all cash, trophies, and points for the night. If claim is refused, claim is NOT held against driver who made claim.
Carburetor claim $200.00 and swap, Shock or Spring claim $20.00 each and swap, Distributor claim $100.00 and swap.
PROTEST RULE: Any driver in the same race on the lead lap may protest another car immediately after feature in the tech area. $250.00 cash per component $50.00 to the track, if legal protested car gets $200.00 if illegal protestor gets $200.00 back.